GCSE Schemes of work
What to revise for the summer (traffic light):
PAPER 3: For the last exam paper look at the work below under ‘fieldwork and skills. Remember to ‘traffic light’ those areas you are unsure of!which topics you are unsure of.
Case study revision:
Here is a list of the case studies for both papers that you need.
And if you want to see examples of ‘good’ answers from other students, click here
If you want to have a go at some online Quizlets this is a link to all the quiz’s from the course!
Remember you can also log into Seneca and practice the question there as well
Fieldwork and Skills (paper 3 ) revision:
Here is a reminder of Geography skills like median, interquartile range etc that you need to know. Here is an explanation of the Map types you should know and the types of Graph ; ArcGIS maps and a nice guide on the types of graphs as a Story Map
Here is an outline of what we did on our PHYSICAL geography field trip to the River Findhorn. This is what we did on our HUMAN geography field trip when we went to Elgin, what data we collected and how we analysed is.
The World Around Us
Ecosystems of the Planet
6. Andros Barrier Reef ppt ; Google Earth Andros tour Andros ; Joulter Cays proposed park ; Andross Barrier Reef case study questions, Andros climate data; Andros introduction video ; Economy of the Andros (Wiki) ; Live Webcam coral ;
6. Ethiopia development; Ethiopia wildlife video1 Addis Ababa climate graph; World trade map; Ethiopia Population worksheet with video links ; Education provision video ; Rostow’s Model. Ethiopia Graphic Organiser to revise
Environmental Threats to Our Planet
- The Quaternary. Climate change past, present and future story map ; Animation of glacial advances ; How has climate changed – sheet? ; Quaternary glacial graphs
- Evidence for climate change, PPT with videos
- Causes of climate change: Causes Q sheet. . Milankovitch cycles interactive. Role of volcanoes in climate change clip ; Greenhouse effect sheet ; Greenhouse ppt
- 2020 global warming around the world interactive NY Times
- Consequences of climate change: Story map ; Tuvalu video ; Tuvalu sheet
- Global circulation of the atmosphere
- Extreme weather questions: Extreme weather events ; Monsoon events ; Atacama ; Driest ; Hottest ; Coldest 5.b – Questions on the most extreme places on earth.
- Extreme Weather events
- Tropical storms; Tropical Storms sheet
- El Nino and La Nina. 8a El Nino and La Nina powerpoint
- The Big Dry – is El Nino to blame for Australia’s drought? Good documentary on the Big Dry . Geofactsheet on 2019/20 bushfires