A-Level sample papers:
Zig Zag practice exam papers x 4: Paper 1 (Glaciation and ELSS); Paper 2 (Changing Spaces, migration and power and borders – Password Protected
Revision Work book answers
Power and Borders
- What is meant by sovereignty and territorial integrity? 1.1 A short history of the current world international order –The Economist
5. Strategies for global governance – South Sudan sheet.
7.1 – To what extent is the UN successful? Letter to Economist 7.2 – Negative impacts of intervention, the Oxfam Haiti prostitute scandal
Paradox of progress- Excellent read on the future of geopolitics.
Earth’s life support systems
5. The Amazon: ‘The Amazon effect’ ; Albedo and deforestation ; Brazil and the Amazon ; GIS Human impacts ; Water and carbon cycles in the Amazon (A3 sheet) ; Amazon water cycle ppt ; Deforestation impact on water cycle ; Water in the Amazon ppt ; Carbon in the Amazon ppt ; Water and Carbon cycling in Amazon (Metlink Video) ; Deforestation impacts on the water cycle; Bolsonaro’s Amazon policy
6. TRF information ppt ; GIS activity ; TRF Questions; Management of the TRF essay ; Flash cards: physical and human impacts on a drainage basin; Human and Physical changes to the water cycle notes; NPP; Policing the Amazon
7. Arctic Tundra Introduction ppt ; Cycles in the Arctic (A3 sheet) ; Resources ; Management Strategies; Methane release article ; Permafrost thaw: carbon feedback ; Ice Truckers melt! ; Methane release from the permafrost
8. CHANGE IN THE CYCLES; Human impacts on the water cycle ; Urbanisation and the carbon cycle; Change over time ; Combustion ; Human impacts on carbon cycle ; Human impact on carbon cycle ppt; Human influences on the water cycle
11. Management of carbon and water cycles ; Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) ; Boundary Dam CCS Project, Canada ; Role of wetlands in the carbon cycle ; Carbon cap and trade ; The Paris Accord (COP21) ; Synthetic fixing on atmospheric CO2
- Global migration flows
- Inter regional migration flows – North Africa and Middle East to Europe. Lee’s Push- pull model. Economist article on Migration to Europe
- Intra regional migration – movement WITHIN Europe. 3.1 Geofile for Poland case study 3.2 FT article: Effects of EU migration on UK in 5 charts
- Remittances and global development PPT. Spearman’s Rank task. 4.1 Notes and essay task.
- Globalisation leading to the emergence of new source areas and host destinations. Extension task: Chapter from ‘A very short introduction to migration’ 5.1 Economist at 175 article on migration and liberalism
- Growth of young and female migration
- South to South and South to North migration flows. 7.1 Economist article on South to South migration flows
- Conflict and persecution have increased the number of refugees. 8.1 Prep question on global internal displacement of people 2018 8. 2 Panorama programme of Rohingya persecution.
- Changes in national immigration and emigration policies
- Corridors of migrant flows create interdependence between countries – Brazil case study 10.1 Case study sheet
- USA case study – how it influences and drives change in the global migration systems 11.1 Document with all the links for the latest on Trump changing US policy on migration 11.2 Articles on US migration policy over time
- Laos case study – LIDC to show how it has limited influence over and restricted response to the global migration system