- Could a hyperloop be operating in the UK sooner than we think?
2.Details of the 7.1 M earthquake that struck Mexico on Tuesday, from the USGS
3. Angela Merkel has won another term in office. But she now has to form a Government.
2. A large landslide has killed over 100 people in the Sichuan province of China. Professor Dave Petley, has an outline of the possible causes on his blog.
3. Yemen faces the world’s worst cholera outbreak.
4. The rock cycle, illustrated
1. A 6.3 M earthquake struck off the Turkish coast on Tuesday
2. Two recent rockfall events in Coire an’t Sneachda (where year 12 went on a fieldtrip in September) show how the process of weathering and erosion is ongoing.
3. The shocking fire and at the Grenfell tower block this week has raised some difficult questions such as whether a regeneration project may have contributed to the extent of the fire.
This is an incredible video of a debris flow in Illgraben, Switzerland.
Waterspouts created from intense heat given off from lava flow. Kilauea, Hawaii